It has been a relatively rainy winter thus far in LA, and I have really been enjoying it. While I do love a good rain storm, one thing I have never called my own is a pair of rain boots. In the past, I never really found a pair of rain boots that seem like a sound investment because they typically fit into one of three categories that I did not want to get on board with… loud plastic-y colors that seemed like they would fade and/or date themselves over time, cheesy cartoony prints, or stamped silly with the designer’s logo.
During an epic rain storm last night, I decided to see what was currently out on the market (in an attempt to not ruin another pair of older shoes), and was pleasantly surprised by the number of great options available. As you can see from my round-up above, many of the boots are not only sleek, but I would be tempted to purchase all of them even if they were not marketed as being water resistant. Before spring showers are upon us (fingers crossed), I am taking full advantage of the vast options before the next storm.
1. Burberry Mid Buckle Rain Boot, $275
2. Loeffler Randall Fenton Rain Boot, $195
3. Jeffrey Campbell ‘Stormy’ Rain Boot, $ 54.95
4. Valentino Rockstud Rubber Rain Boot, $445
5. Miu Miu Patent Short Cap Toe Rain Boot, (originally $790, now on sale for $355!)
6. Hunter High Top Waterproof Sneakers, $235